BE WARNED!! THIS IS DANGEROUSLY GOOD! It’s very easy to overeat and should only be made as a treat on RARE occasions. Especially if you are like me and are sensitive to nuts! Thanks so much for being here and trying my recipe. Tag me on Facebook Or Instagram! And subscribe to my YouTube Channel!!
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 – cut up about 6 pieces of sliced smoked gouda (you can add more if you aren’t using the Fat Snax crackers for added crisp) or whatever cheese you like. Different cheese will crisp up differently. I used Kroger brand for this recipe and it worked well. Place pieces on cookie sheet on top of parchment paper (as shown in video above) and place in preheated oven at 350 degrees. Allow to cook for around 10 min or until the cheese is bubbled up as you see in the video. A little brown is perfect just don’t let them burn. I recommend watching them closely as, like I said, different cheese will cook differently. You want them WELL BAKED. This is what makes them good and crispy. Allow them to cool while making the rest of the mix. After they are cooled they will be wonderfully CRISPY!
- Cook about 8 strips of bacon (OR MORE if you want because you can never have too much bacon) extra crispy and allow them to cool. Save the grease so you can add it to the mix.
- In a large deep pan (or smaller if you are making a small batch – just make sure it’s deep so it’s easy to toss around while mixing) add all your nuts. I used :
- 16 oz of salted mixed nuts
- 8 oz of salted cashews ( you can do whole or halves )
- 12 oz of pistachios (already shelled )
- You may also add in the Fat Snax Sea Salt crackers ( 2 bags is enough but add more if you like ) find them HERE : https://amzn.to/2K4j80o
- If using the crackers melt 1 stick of butter ( 4 oz ) if only using nuts then melt half a stick (2 oz)
- Add 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce ( optional ) to melted butter and stir well.
- For added HEAT add 1-2 tsp of hot sauce to butter (optional)
- Spoon butter mix across the top layer of the mix and stir after each pass. This is done multiple times as you want the whole pan to be coated well. Each time you toss, add your spices. These are to personal preference. The way I do it is to shake liberally each time. I used :
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- onion powder
- chili powder
- Redmonds salt or Redmonds seasoning salt.
- Feel free to add more spices to your preference. Again, this is not measured.
- Spoon butter over mix, then Just shake the seasonings across the pan and toss each time.
- I then add about 2 tbsp of hot bacon grease to the mix, and toss until mixed, adding seasonings one more time.
- place into preheated oven @ 250 degrees for 1 hour. Stir mix every 15 min and add more seasoning each time.
- Remove mix from oven and add in your crispy bacon and cheese crips to the mix. Toss mix again. I add a little more seasoning at this point as well.
- After it’s done, allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
- You can store this in a bowl or ziplock bag. The bacon will be fine since it’s cooked and on average this treat doesn’t sit around long 😂 .
The macros on this will depend on how YOU do it, what nuts you use, did you use the fat snax crackers, what cheese you use. I recommend putting in your ingredients into CRONOMETER so you can have a more accurate carb count. Remember, this is a TREAT!! ENJOY! https://cronometer.com/
Thanks so much for trying out my recipe! I hope you enjoy it and have a BERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
LOVE YOU, MEAN IT!!
I USE AFFILIATE LINKS You as a customer do not pay more because I have used an affiliate link, it does not affect you in any way other than a small percentage of the sale may go to the person who generated the link. You pay no more, no less for buying, it’s just a couple of bucks to the person who influenced sale of the item. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”